304 Marathon Road, BRIAGOLONG 3860
Accommodation/Tourism for sale
PEACE WITH BENEFITS
Lifestyle, nature, tranquillity and peace usually comes at a price but here at Shanti, nestled in the foothills of the Great Alpine Range, the potential to enjoy all this and make a sizable income is a very real possibility.
Shanti, located on the edge of the Briagolong township in Central Gippsland, is set on 22 acres of cleared and natural bushland. The property features a double storey 3 bedroom residence surrounded by verandas, five self-contained one bedroom cottages and a massive recreational hall and conference centre. Bordered by George Creek at one end of the property and a sealed bitumen road at the other, in addition to creek frontage there are four dams, a large machinery shed, office and treatment room.
Shanti Relaxation Retreat has served as a canvas for its owner to create a comfortable environment for guests to stay, relax and enjoy varied treatments including reiki, crystal healing, aromatherapy, massage and reflexology while enjoying the smell, sounds, peace and tranquillity of the natural bushland setting. Future owners may choose to continue and develop the current business further or simply choose to share the property with family or friends.
An inspection of the property will allow buyers to see that there are several other possibilities, however, which may include an off-campus school camp which would allow for 20+ students at a time to be accommodated in the cottages. The recreational hall provides a central meeting point for group activities, seminars and games and the owner’s residence a comfortable accommodation option for teachers or caretakers. The dams and creek provide endless possibilities for water activities and there is even a cliff face suitable for rope and rock climbing. Schools may consider purchasing the property and running regular grade level camps or an energetic couple may decide to offer schools a venue to undertake structured outdoor programs on a weekly basis.
Other features of Shanti include:
• Renovated spacious and fully equipped kitchen and bathroom in main residence
• All cottages are fully furnished and self-contained with a split king-size bed in the bedroom and two single beds in the living area
• Three out of the five cabins have been recently renovated with tiled floors and modern kitchens
• Open shedding can accommodate five cars/tractors and there is an additional lockable shed
• Large covered outdoor area attached to recreational hall for barbecues
• New large capacity water tanks and dams connected for irrigation if needed
• Labyrinth set in peaceful environment away from accommodation
• Separate road access to cottages and owner’s residence
• Abundant native wildlife including parrots, kookaburras, wallabies and kangaroos
The current owner, after eight years of lovingly restoring the property to its current state, is reluctantly selling to commence a new venture. The new owners will benefit from all her hard work which has laid the foundation for future success and enjoyment in this unique environment.
Additional photos and information can be found on the Shanti Relaxation Retreat website: www.shantirelaxationretreat.com.au
Price (including all cottage furniture, plant and equipment, website, future bookings and training) is $575, 000 (Freehold: $525,000 and Business $50,000) and is negotiable.
Contact: Alan Maguire, Maguires Real Estate for information, inspection and an opportunity to meet the owner
- Business Category: Accommodation/Tourism
- Business Sub Category: Guest House/B&B
- Building Area: 180 sqm
- Land Area: 20 - 22 acr
- Construction: Galv Iron Roof, Weatherboard
- Highlight Feature: Acreage; bush and cleared
- Highlight Feature: Bed and Breakfast
- Highlight Feature: Five FSC cottages
- Highlight Feature: Five dams
- Highlight Feature: Lifestyle property
- Rooms: 6
- Carports: 5
- Other Parking: 10
- Total Parking Spaces: 15
- Zoning: Rural
- Furnished: Yes
- Occupancy: Vacant Possession
- Distance from Transport: 5000 meters
- Turnover: 55000
- Terms: 30, 60 or 90 days