Phone: 03 9041 5608
Mobile: 0419 999 773
333 La Trobe Street,
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Phone: 03 9041 5608
Fax: 03 9041 5610
Food/Hospitality for sale
Catering & Event Planning Company
This exceptional well known full service catering company in Melbourne is for sale due to owner retiring after 15 years. It is totally turnkey. They have a passion for excellent food and successful event planning, and have specialised in servicing Melbourne Metro & Regional areas and have catered many events throughout Victoria. The business offers catering services to corporate functions, wedding receptions, birthdays, anniversaries, life celebrations, special venues, film production companies, government and civic agencies, and many others. This is the "go-to" catering company for the people, companies, and agencies in the "know". They have built a solid reputation for quality, service, fair pricing, and a "hassle-free" experience. Their menus are built upon International cuisine that feature Melbourne’s freshest ingredients and farm fresh produce. They have experience working at some of Melbourne’s extraordinary private venue settings for weddings, corporate functions and social events. They have a well-deserved reputation for professional service which brings lots of new business through referrals and has created a well-known and respected brand name.
Over 40% of their catering business has been to corporate clients, about 50% to weddings, and 10% to private parties. They have a variety of menus (breakfasts, buffet lunches, box lunches, buffet dinners, appetizers, party platters, desserts, holiday menus, and wedding menus). This business expects to supply a solid and consistent investment return to the owner operator. The 2015 yearly gross income is $3,050,995 and the business has a dependable yearly net income of $200,000 plus director’s current wage of $75,000.
The sale consists of a fully equipped high capacity commercial kitchen, refrigeration & freezer units, displays, shelving, tables, office equipment & furnishings, delivery vehicles, a meeting room to consult clients, and a large reception & office area, all the necessary equipment to maintain the day to day business operation and a list of assets will be supplied to purchaser upon request. This company has an average of ten-fifteen employees who are unaware of the pending sale and fully expected to remain post-closing, monthly payroll is approximately $53,000. The sale will include a 9-year commercial lease which will expire 2025 with current rental @ $81,000 per annum.
This diversification provides a guaranteed income throughout the year which means an even cash flow position. The Business is well organised and structured to allow easy management and smooth running. The long term employees are self-sufficient, honest and reliable and are able to work unsupervised.
The Company is the most successful corporate caterer in the area, enjoying a close and loyal relationship with each client including several multinational companies which are supplied with buffets on a daily basis. Frequent testimonials prove the reputation and quality.
The Company is the Preferred Caterer for a growing of the major Wedding Venues in Melbourne. This is a solid base for continuing the rapid growth experienced over the past years. The reputation of the company is outstanding.
Key reasons to buy:
• Strong well recognised and preferred brand for over 15 years in market
• Consistently strong revenues and profits
• Totally turnkey with all assets including vehicles
• They have excellent connections with many local wedding and event planners who use them to cater weddings and other events in hotels, resorts, private estates and on the beach.
• They have an efficient licensed fully equipped production commercial kitchen and all assets with easy ground level access via loading bay
• Confirmed bookings and contracts for 2016 indicate further substantial growth with bookings and active enquiries for 2017 in progress
• Excellent future growth potential
• Seller will help the buyer transition the business – full training provided
* Health & Safety policy, top hygiene ratings and all legal requirements are in place.
* All recipes are stored in a database and can be used for calculation purposes.
* Website and social media are used extensively and contribute to the success of the company
Number of Employees: 10-15
The vendor is seeking expressions of interest that includes goodwill, fixtures and fittings, all equipment and leasehold interest Please call on or email Click to email.
All viewings are by appointment only and proof of funds is required.
Is now the time to own your own fun and profitable business in Melbourne?
- Business Category: Food/Hospitality
- Business Sub Category: Catering