Phone: 03 9569 2883
Mobile: 0419 910 099
Accord Business Brokers
Unit 3, 22 Fallon Street,
Caulfield, VIC 3162
Phone: 03 9569 2883
Fax: 03 8677 0868
Inner South Eastern Suburb
Professional for sale
DYNAMIC VIDEO PRODUCTION & ANIMATION STUDIO
Business Description Summary:
A BUSINESS TO SHOW OFF!
The business on offer is a young, dynamic and growing business in an industry with virtually unlimited scope for further growth. It is a hi-tech, high enjoyment and creative business entity which has and continues to provide the owners and all staff with a positive and enjoyable environment in which to earn a living. It was founded in 2009 as a video innovation company and has shown growth of between 20% and 50% per annum. It has always been profitable and cash flow positive.
The owners were always cognisant of their intention to sell the business one day and, therefore, from the beginning instituted procedures designed to facilitate a smooth and simple handover to new owners. These procedures are mostly built-in to their operating systems, thereby avoiding the necessity of having voluminous procedure manuals.
The business creates and produces communication videos and animations for businesses, with one mission: To be proud of every single video produced, not just for how good it looks but for the ability to produce the results clients want.
While the scope and range of required videos is very large, major contributors include:
The process begins with a strategically designed conversation with the client, with or without a face-to-face meeting, during which the needs of the client are assessed and a proposal and quotation provided. This is followed by conceptualisation, ideas, scripting, planning and co-ordination, production, editing and animation and, finally delivery.
MARKET / CUSTOMER:
The business undertakes little advertising and marketing and has achieved its growth and current levels of business based mainly on referrals and reputation. Advertising is limited to online (website) and Google AdWords.
There is a system of deposit payments and progress payments to eliminate financial risk.
The target market is:
• Government departments (Federal and State)
• Financial institutions
• Universities and TAFE’S
• The health industry
• The aged care industry
• Insurance industry
• All medium sized and large business enterprises
PRODUCTS / SERVICES:
Products can be divided in 6 categories:
• Presenter videos (videos where a person is talking to camera)
• Interview videos (videos run by questions / answers)
• Promotional videos (footage, music, voice over etc.)
• Animation videos (cartoons, motion graphics, scribe videos)
• Screen Cast videos (videos mainly composed by screen captures)
• Personalised videos (personalised videos created in our proprietary platform)
The business has always received a startling number of awards from prestigious organisations for its creative ideas and productions every year since 2011 from organisations such as Australian Video Production Association (AVPA) and Horizon Interactive Awards. The Horizon Interactive Awards is held in the USA and now in its 14th year, has become one of the most prestigious awards in the field of interactive and creative media.
The business operates from leased premises.
The rental, including the recently expanded area, is approximately $55,000 p.a. including outgoings and the lease expires in 2018. The business is a highly valued tenant and the relationship with the landlord is excellent.
PLANT/EQUIPMENT / FITTINGS:
Equipment and other fixed assets are valued at approximately $200,000+. There are currently 9 computerised editing suites, 4 cameras, lighting equipment, 8 high end laptops, camera accessories and equipment, and more. A full list will be provided to interested parties.
MANAGEMENT / STAFF:
Staff consists of the two owners, ten full time and one part time employee. There is also one independent contractor and a full time apprentice.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS BUSINESS:
• It is a glamour business
• It operates in the “happy” sector – it is not concerned with problem areas of their clients’ businesses.
• Raving reviews from clients relating to the staff, not the owners.
• All processes are simple and automated or semi-automated.
• Very creative environment
• No emergencies like weekend work
• Closes for 3 – 4 weeks p.a.
• Long serving staff, owing to working conditions within the 5 day week.
• Opportunity to be imaginative and creative.
• Can be owner operated or be run under management
• Easy opportunities to upsell
• A library of video content has been created for sale, and sales have already been made to organisations such as the CFA and Morris Blackburn, Lawyers (in partnership with IP owner).
• A rapidly growing and expanding market
• Relaxed and casual environment.
• Easy and vast scope for expansion in the current market segments and virtually unlimited expansion available in other segments. The current owners have not aggressively pursued these growth areas for personal reasons. Gain more market share, develop content, produce stock footage to commercialise, incorporate new products / services, develop online platforms, there are many ways to grow this business and the 2 owners will be happy to discuss all the ideas.
The business keeps growing, full financial details as well as a detailed information memorandum are available to all interested parties. Please contact Steve Lentin
• Email Click to email
- Business Category: Professional
- Business Sub Category: Advertising/Marketing
- Turnover: 1600000