Quality Accommodation Village - Middlemount Qld
Expressions of Interest Invited
Purpose built and self-contained, boutique, high end quality Accommodation Village (not mining camp), with onsite restaurant and laundry facilities located central Queensland. The asset is offered for sale as a freehold-going concern.
Year of construction 2007. The property comprises 24 double, 56 singles, 4 disabled rooms, a commercial laundry, a meeting room/ lunchroom conference facility, a manager's residence and reception, car parking, a landscape and general maintenance area accompanied by a fully approved commercial kitchen and dining facility.
This is a high yielding property investment with extremely limited directly comparable competition and a highly diversified client base. The investment offers exceptional growth through further development of the site that is directly linked to some of the premium grade coal deposits encapsulated in the Bowen Basin.
* Highly diversified client base: broad range of regular clients including (but not limited to) drilling, civil works, construction, services, health, education and banking sectors.
* Operated under professional management: administered by an off-site, in-house property and maintenance manager (salary package included within EBITDA).
* Future development potential: current site has approval for an additional 25 rooms with all appropriate DA/Headworks paid.
* Enjoys clear competitive advantage: operates within a different market and higher quality than its competitors and is a well-diversified investment.
* Near-term revenue growth potential: high end quality compared with competitors, with potential for increase in room rates.
* Highly profitable historic performance - EXAMPLE, actual performance: FY13 EBITDA of $1,849,130 (includes salary package for on-site manager).
The accommodation village presents a compelling acquisition opportunity:
~ Expression of Interest pre July 31st - Offer $3.75m with Vendor finance on the agreed staged trade out deal;
~ Initial projected return estimated 35-40% on $3.75m
~ Projected EBITDA in excess $1.4m pa (previous EBITDA $1.84m);
~ Supported by forward contracts from Top Tier companies ramping up from now to Oct/Nov 2017 and beyond;
~ Expected Sale Price is targeted to be circa 40% or more below 2013 valuation of $9.7m;
~ Replacement cost circa $7.5m to $8m;
~ The owners anticipate strong net profits over the next 12 months.
- Last Updated April 2018
- Business Category Accommodation/Tourism, Food/Hospitality, Services
- Business Sub Category Motel, Retailer, Management Rights
22/76 Doggett Street,
NEWSTEAD, QLD 4006