Mining/Earth Moving for sale in CALLINGTON SA 5254
Callington Quarry - Mine Tenement. 121HA, 300 acres (approx.)
Lot 22 Samuels Road, Callington
Located just south of Callington and very near the main Interstate South Eastern National Highway Link, embracing the present and future Transport and Rail Hubs.
The following has been extracted from Harvey, WG 2010. Hardrock extractive Mineral for Metropolitan Adelaide, strategic review. Summary version South Australian Department of Primary Industries and Resources Report Book 2010/00019.
- The trend for increased production and significant growth is predicated in areas of Cambrian age (Kanmantoo Group).
- More importantly this mines rock category is Metasediment, Geological rock types Metasediment, grey wacke with the highest versatility level of A1 product, that product is based primarily on the degree of flexibility for use which in turn related to their quality.
- A1 AGGREGATES are identified as having a suitable level of (PAFV) (Polished Aggregate Friction Value) and (PSV) Polished Stone Value.
In terms of minerology, to have a composition which will give the stone a sufficient resistance to abrasion by trafficking to prevent the road surface particles from rounding; consequently, the particles retain their angular, crushed form.
Stone from this type of source is suitable for:
- All road sealing conditions
- For concrete aggregates
- Road base products (may also require small percentages of additives)
- Its high level of strength and soundness, also suitable for
- Rail ballast and rip-rap
- Building stone Residential and Commercial
- The current total South Australian Acknowledge Reserve of the whole resource; whilst there are other factors, the constantly increasing trends, of a depletion of the total resource will probably occur the next 40 and 50 years.
- Increases in future haulage costs will certainly favour this mine, not only given its location from Metropolitan Adelaide, also given the fact that this premium location is just off the National Freeway and Rail Hub.
- Part Summary The Metasediment category can supply the full range of uses and is likely to become increasingly important in the market. Significant future growth areas are likely to be Cambrian age metasediments South East of Adelaide.
- Adequate buffer zones, both visual, distance from neighbours, and potential noise factors are also highly favourable, to this mine site. Future Urban Development whilst favouring the location of the mine, will not however, (on balance) impinge on its ongoing tenement extraction of hard rock materials.
Plan of Tenement Areas and Estimated Volumes
Other points of interest
Power has been extended onto the site.
The bore is quoted at 126 metres deep with a test of 30 litres/sec (10,000 gallons/hr) and 1.600 ppm total salts.
The existing weighbridge is 60 Ton.
A septic system is in place, currently with a small office amenity.
There are two dams on the property, further expansion will take in two more silt dams.
Re-vegetation has commenced with approximately 6,000 trees.
There are two significant areas for top soil extraction/sand pits.
There are no general restrictions on depth of extraction (apart from the 'obvious'), as long as it is safe, together with the guidelines of expansion strictly adhered to.
Mining Royalties can be applied if land is leased.
Plan of Tenement Areas and Volumes
Extraction is estimated to be 'easier' as mining operation extradition moves in an easterly direction, given that the land rises, and each contour line represents 10 metres in height.
The lines of strata reasonably accept continuity.
No1 Existing Mine
No2 Tenement Area
No3 Tenement Area
Total 15.7 bcm (bulk cubic metres)
The conversion ratio of 2.5 tonnes per bulk cubic metre places the hard rock resource at approximately 40 Million Tonnes. This is considered to be conservative, drilling will need to be done for greater certainty. Plan attached is therefore a guide only.
Apart from the inherent underlying value of the land, its Private Mine Status and its significant resource should not be understated. Furthermore, the properties location together with its significant A1 top rating versatile Geological Rock Type, firmly places this opportunity well above comparative mine sites. For Individuals and Companies with a medium to long term visionary future.
For more information contact Chris Weston - RandH Oakbank - on
- Last Updated January 2018
- Business Category Industrial/Manufacturing
- Business Sub Category Mining/Earth Moving
35 Dequetteville Terrace,
KENT TOWN, SA 5067