LG17591: Dermatology Practice & Freehold
P + S Business Brokers and Xcllusive Business Sales in conjunction with Scancorp Medical offers for sale a successful Dermatology Medical Practice and freehold, located in regional Victoria with a DWS designation for both the Speciality of Dermatology and for General Practice. The Practice has built a strong patient, community and stakeholder following over its 17 year history.
Over the past three years the business has achieved a steady Proprietor’s Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization (PEBITDA) and can demonstrate a solid new patient registration experience for every year in practice.
The Practice would appeal to a qualified and registered Dermatologist or an experienced General Practitioner with a long established special interest and exclusive focus on dermatology. There is scope for significant growth of this Practice as there is significant unmet demand for dermatology services in the region and accordingly this Practice’s acquisition makes it a sound business investment.
The owner currently spends 3.5 days in clinical practice and is now seeking to transition out of the Practice in the short-term and to pursue other interests.
The following services are provided by the Practice:
• Diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair and nail conditions
• General skin cancer assessment/surgical removal
• Non-surgical skin cancer removal
• Ultra violet light (UV) treatment for psoriasis and eczema.
We anticipate that a Specialist Dermatologist or General Practitioner owner looking to acquire a high return regional medical practice will view this as a “great” opportunity to purchase, due to the competitive advantages that this practice offers:
• Normalized PEBITDA of $720,000 to a working owner. This represents a Normalised Gross Profit Margin of 94%. The industry is stable. (IBIS World Industry Report Q8512 February 2015)
• Steady patient numbers and revenues
• Solo practice with huge potential to develop into a Multi-doctor practice
• Established 17 years
• The Practice is located within a District of Workforce Shortage (DWS)
• The Practice has little competition within its catchment area - no other permanent Dermatologists locally
• The Owner offers to provide transition support and guidance through the acquisition and establishment phase
• The Owner has identified tangible opportunities for revenue growth
• The Practice enjoys strong stakeholder support with a favourable long-term freehold lease in place or optional freehold acquisition - control over the building management
• The Practice is located in a health precinct within the central business district of the city
• The Practice is fully-equipped with a procedures room for local anaesthetic skin cancer removal and other well-maintained equipment and rooms.
Tangible Growth Potential
The current owner has identified several tangible opportunities to expand revenues and profit. Some key growth strategies include:
• Capacity to extend capability with another 2-3 Dermatologists
• Significant unmet demand with current service mix
• Potential introduction of Cosmetic Therapy
• Establishment of Botox clinics
• Creation of a website and development of a marketing strategy
• Possible expansion into hospital work
The acquisition will be attractive to the following targets:
• A qualified and registered Dermatologist who wishes to work within the business or own an additional practice in order to maximize their earnings,
• An experienced General Practitioner with a long established special interest and exclusive focus on dermatology.
• A qualified and registered Dermatologist with a GP Partner who has a special interest in dermatology and
• Overseas trained practitioners who wish to leverage the Practice’s DWS standing to acquire and operate within their own practice.
Flexibility in the Purchasing Process
It is important to the Seller that the Practice’s legacy for high quality care is maintained and that the new owner enjoys a successful transition. As such, the Seller:
• Will assist the Buyer during the early stages of practice hand over
• Is willing to remain as a contracted associate doctor on negotiated terms for a reasonable period if required
Contact to Register an Expression of Interest
In the first instance please direct your enquiries to Click to email quoting LG17591. Your interest will then be forwarded to Scancorp Medical who will provide the next level of information. They will require the signing of an NDA/CA.
- Last Updated June 2017
- Business Category Professional, Beauty/Health, General
- Business Sub Category Medical, Medical
- Site Main Road
Suite 10, 981 North Road,
MURRUMBEENA, VIC 3163